Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ok, seriously... I need to get better at doing this!!

SO because it has been so long, I have a lot to update you on!! SO- here we go
August - I started a new job in August working for The Goddard School here in Gilbert, AZ. It is amazing compared to most of the other day cares I have worked at. Low ratios, and much better run. I really enjoy it! I was working with the two year olds. Of course everyone knows that is "my" age group... just by default... every time I interview that is what is available. But all was working out well. ALSO, I started looking at houses in August... needed to get into our own place knowing that Larrys deployment was right around the corner.
September - Work is still going well. I have met a GREAT gal at Goddard. Anna seems to understand what is going on with Larry being away. She is SO sweet. It is so nice to have someone to talk to.
October - Well were still on the hunt for a house. I found a great one in the Islands... but it needs A LOT of work. It was built in 87' and the house still has the orignal carpet, tile, and appliences. SO needless to say.. It needs work. I will keep looking. I know that if I can't find something else, im sure it will still be there. Work is going... okay. I am noticing that maybe the classroom I am working in isn't working out as much as I would like... we will see where that takes us.
November - We went to Georgia to see Nana and Papa's new house the first week of November. Larry met us there for his last leave before the deployment. We had a blast. We went to the Atlanta Aquariam and Larry, Rylee and Kadence LOVED it. I can't believe that Larry's deployment is so soon. The 7th of November we moved into our new house in the Islands. NOT the one that needed a buch of work, but a REALLY nice one!! It is 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, granite counter tops, and a GREAT backyard with a putting green!! We love it! Larry came that weekend with all of our stuff and helped me get all moved in. November 20th, Larry boarded the plane to Iraq.... I still can't believe he is gone. How did this year go by so fast. Right now we are looking at AT LEAST a 12 month deployment... if not longer. I feel so empty and lost without him around..... I am trying to be strong... but it is SOOO hard. I hear from him about every other day.... but that is going to slow down too.... On the bright side, I am now working in the one's classroom at Goddard!! I get to work with Anna and things are going SOOO much better. Working with her seems to help me get thru the day... AS for december, only time will tell. I will post Larry's address when I get it... I miss him so much. Hopefully this year goes by fast!! More Later, I PROMISE I will be better at updating this thing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah i keep fogetting about mine as well. i am going to try to get on it more too. Goodness i miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete